As featured on RTÉ’s Radio 1 culture show ‘Arena’ on 9 August 2017
“A book that takes you back to a time when managers mortgaged their houses because music really mattered. I couldn’t put this book down.”
Ken Sweeney, journalist and creator of the documentaryIn Search of the Blue Nile
Payment and Delivery Information
- Select your delivery option, based on the country of destination and what type of delivery you prefer (tracked or standard)
- Payments are taken only via PayPal through the website link provided
- Payments MUST be made in British Pounds (GBP). Payments made in any other currency may be refunded and the order suspended
- For all orders, please allow for up to 1 week for despatch
- For non-UK orders, international delivery times may take up to 2-3 weeks for delivery. This is not a guarantee, but is made based on our historical observations
- Insurance against loss in transit to non-UK destinations can only be offered on tracked mail services
- Note that if you wish for the book to be signed by the author, please specify what it is you wish him to write (i.e. just the author’s name, a gift message and autograph, or a personalised message – please provide the wording). Note that as a default, the books are shrink-wrapped, so any signed copies will be mailed without shrink-wrapping).
|Country of Destination
||Tracked Mail (insured)
||First Class (standard) £5.70
||First Class (signed for) £6.70
|Other EU Countries
||Standard Air Mail £7.20
||Air Mail (tracked & insured) £11.35
|Rest of the World
||Standard Air Mail £10.70
||Air Mail (tracked & insured) £14.90
Title: Prefab Sprout: The Early Years
Author: John Birch
Publisher: Paper Portal Publishing
Date: 26 August 2017
No. Pages: 230
Size: 155mm x 210mm x 20mm
Images: 40 colour; 24 mono
Fully referenced bibliography and index included
Selling price: £17.50 plus P&P
Prefab Sprout: The Early Years also includes an expansive look at Kitchenware Records and the North East Music Scene between 1977 and 1985.
The book offers a look under the bonnet of Prefab Sprout as Paddy McAloon’s band travels from garage forecourt to pub gigs and onward to BBC Radio One with a little label called Kitchenware.
This book is the first of three, each tracing distinct chapters in Paddy McAloon’s songwriting career.